In Arichat, we offer:
- Individual assessments
- Meal plan development and instruction
- Individual instruction
- Group instruction. (This provides you with an opportunity to learn from and with others who also have diabetes.)
- Insulin initiation. (If you need insulin, this means that you can start taking your insulin as an outpatient. You may not need to be admitted to the hospital.)
- Collaboration with Home Care Nova Scotia
- Presentation to community groups on the prevention and management of diabetes advocating a healthy lifestyle
- Consultation with Continuing Care Facilities (nursing homes)
- Pre diabetes and gestational diabetes, assessment and education.
- Referrals to foot clinic, ophthalmology and internal medicine.
Satellite service covers St. Peter's, L'Ardoise (902) 587-2027, and Chapel Island.
Open Hours: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday and Friday vary.